Thursday, January 8, 2009

AAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!! Murphy's. Law.

Sometimes, I'm pretty sure God hates me.

My phone, she is broke. I didn't do anything. It was working yesterday morning and by lunchtime it wouldn't turn on. I've tried everything. Well, it seems the only way to remedy the situation is to buy a new one and a mini laptop while I'm at it! I'm going to have no money in a few days.

Um- sooo- I'm using a friend's computer right now, but I just wanted to let everyone know that I'm alive and that I will not be able to use the computers on campus till Monday when we get our student ID cards.

But to answer Linea- I check my hotmail account (and by check I mean I just did for the first time in 4 or 5 days) and you can e-mail me (everday!) there.

Anyways- my purse strap also broke, but luckily I overpacked and I have handles for it and another messenger bag in general. Lots of other things have gone wrong, and the first couple of days at school were the worst ever ever ever.

BUT: The Beacon of Light:

Yesterday, I finally found the other English speaking peeps on campus and we went shopping in Orleans where I finally got to see the BEAUTIFUL centre-ville where the most magnificent cathedral in the whole wide world is just sitting in the middle of tiny streets with a gagillion little magasins. And now I know people! Yay!

I miss all of you more than you can possibly know. I LOVE YOU! And I will e-mail/message everyone when I get to use the computers on Monday.

3 comments:

  1. yup god hate you paige. what computer are you gunna get? i wanna see pics too. talk on facebook and post them or im gunna fly over there and ruin your day lol...but from the looks of it thats been done already by france. oh the french. have you had any good wine yet?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hola, Paige! This is Tia Linda y Tia Maria (in case you are dumb on espanol, that is from Aunt Linda and Aunt Mary. This keyboard is killing me for typing in Spanish - there are not all the letters I need)
    We are ecstatic to read your blog and look forward to the next installment. Sights, food, peeps, and maybe wine - what of that could you not have seen/done in Texas? We are proud of you to be there doing the fantastique and miss you terribly. We will continue following your esca-Paige whenever you write.
    BTW, are you going to Church for praying and blessings and Mass - or just to admire the structure? Hmmm (Mary said that in her best "church lady" imitation)
    We loves you dearly and miss you more than that.
    Linda and Mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. paige!! don't die, i love you, and Jesus loves you too! hey, so, how is the roomie situation? i wanna know! and how was the host family? lemme know!!!! (i'm leaving soon so, i won't be able to talk for like an entire almost two weeks, but, you must email me becuase i will read them once i get the chance one day, haha

    ReplyDelete