Thursday, March 12, 2009

This is taking longer than I thought it would...

So, while I'm straightening out my journal entries about my vacation, which are taking forever (I want to make sure I recall as much detail as possible), here are some of my favorite Amsterdam pictures.

I amsterdam letters behind the ice skating rink and in front of the Rijks Museum! They play all kinds of lovely music on that rink, par exemple, "My Heart Will Go On".... HAHAHAHA


Yes, these do exist!

Lovely canals...

The Van Gogh Museum...Oh too many stories yet to come.


The Annex. Well, the office in front of the Annex. (a.k.a. 'Anne Frank Huis') Another one of the reasons it's taking me so long to write my blog entries...


Some of the bazillions of bikes stand out from the others. "We don't have to be JUST sheep!"


This was in a little school courtyard we found while looking for the book market (which turned out to be a let-down). I think the Dutch written below the stop sign says something like, "Stop here for a fun game of 'Get a sling shot rock in your eye!'"


The clearest of my Red Light District photos. Trust me, it's better this way.


My attempt at an artsy picture. Black and white = artsy, right?

I AM that sassy.


It was like the Barcelona/Amsterdam trip was destiny! (This was on a wall in Amsterdam...)

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA- I had to take this picture at an angle because Laura was yelling at me, "There's a person in that window!" Hahahahaha- oh man- whenever I'm feeling down now, I scroll through my camera to find this picture. That ridiculously poofy Dutch kitty had no idea how happy he would make this American girl when he was unwillingly photographed.

Anyway, I'm working on the entries, but it's kind of exhausting, so I'm sorry, but it might be a while longer.

2 comments:

  1. Yay! I'm glad you got your letter :) My address is: 3510 S. Jamestown Ave.
    Tulsa, OK 74135

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey hey hey!!! i just now got to read about your crazy adventures, haha, it sounds like your doing good! i will have to email you lots, um, maybe today since i actually think i have a chance to email!

    ReplyDelete